Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dreaming free...

        I had a most beautiful dream, so unlike any other of my experience. Something so deeply lovely that I am still in awe of a God who gifted us with this type of imagination and reverie .



       I was trying to save a shy, gentle aquatic animal. I called it a dolphin in the dream, but it wasn’t gray, it was a shiny, lustrous dark tortoiseshell, but definitely shaped like a dolphin. I was cradling it in my arms and walking toward a body of water. It wasn’t tropical, but temperate. The water was crystalline and there were huge rounded stones on the bottom which were clearly visible because of the clarity of the water. There were no trees anywhere, but a wall of some kind separated the sheltered lagoon portion from the rest of what seemed an inland lake. I remember being very concerned that the animal should swim, live, survive, be joyous. I had feelings of caring and tenderness toward her. I knew that she would be safe in this water because there were no predators to threaten or harm her, this was assumed almost unconsciously, I obviously knew this place very well and had chosen it carefully.



     I placed the “dolphin” into the water and she immediately started to swim quickly and vigorously through the waves with others like her. At this point some other very curious, incredible animals appeared and joined in. They were bright apple green, like a praying mantis, sinuous like an eel, but they had the most unusual looking flippers which also functioned as feet. The flippers were shaped like squares, except they were attached to the body of the animal with short legs and the opposite side had a point. They were set on the animals’ bodies in opposing pairs, maybe as many as three or four sets on one creature. For some reason I feel now as though these sweet beasts were a cross between a plant and an animal! Despite the fact that they were quite large, they were not predatory, but skimmed through and upon the waters of the lagoon, their bodies rippling and their tails coiling to and fro as they both swam through and walked on the water. The gamboling of the dolphins and these other creatures seemed like play and I thought “how wondrous they are” as I watched them.



     The end of the dream came when someone else behind me said, “Oh, you will never see her again, she won’t come back, you set her free!”  I was momentarily concerned, but then my “dolphin” swam back toward me showing her flippers and dorsal fin in a salute or wave to me, skimming through the soft billows, and I somehow knew inwardly that we were so intimately connected that nothing could ever break that bond of love and friendship,  that she would always return.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment